[thelist] Access List query

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Tue Oct 15 15:54:01 CDT 2002

Andrew,

There is more than one way to do it -- you can set up a table as
you inferred, or you can simply type in a list of possible values.
The other way is to design a VBA function that supplies all the
values, but most people find that way far too complex.  If you
choose the former, I'd set up the underlying table first.

The simplest way to go is to use the List Box Wizard.  If you
select the list box item from the Toolbox palette, and then use
it to draw a rectangle in the location where you want to put the
list box, this wizard will come up and walk you through the
process.

You might want to look at the combo box, instead of the list box;
it is often what people really want.

BTW, the reason I answered your first inquiry as I did was because
you did not clearly state what you were looking for.  I know what MS
Access is, but there are many kinds of "resources" and "access" on
the Internet, and because you did not really ask a specific question,
it was not clear that you wanted technical advice.  In fact, I was
hoping you were looking to hire a "resource"ful Access programmer.
(I'm available.)

Best of luck,

  Ed

Ed McCarroll                          MailTo:Ed at ComSimplicity.com
dba ComSimplicity                                  (310) 838-4330