[thelist] [OT] upgrading Mac from OS9 to OSX, thoughts?

Gregory Wostrel gwostrel at mac.com
Wed Oct 16 08:37:01 CDT 2002

Hi Chris,

The Cube wil handle OSX just fine. Make sure that you have maxed out
the ram just to be safe. X likes plenty of it. Install OSX 10.2, don't
be afraid! Follow Apple's install directions carefully regarding
upgrading the system and all.

Distiller works just fine in Classic mode. Quark simply is a pain in
the ass in Classic. However, InDesign works great in X and allows you
to export to PDF with all the options that Distiller gives you and you
can open up Quark files with no problem (generally). Also, you can
generate PDF's on the fly from ANY other OSX app without using
Distiller at all, so what is the big problem?

I say, go for it.

Greg Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
Communications and the Art of Simplicity