[thelist] Advanced PHP discussion list.

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Wed Oct 16 21:13:01 CDT 2002

"David U." <davidu at everydns.net> wrote in message
news:00fe01c27555$97df50e0$2532fc80 at pravda...
> Additionally, I really am looking for a group to _discuss_ things.  When a
> question comes up it's great to answer it but it's even better to talk
about
> it, see the different ways to tackle it and evaluate solutions.  *That's*
> what is different I suppose.

It's very difficult to keep any public mailing list or newsgroup on-topic
without the use of moderation (or the Evolt tip method, which I much
prefer), but I do know what you mean concerning the quality and repeat of
posts.  I just posed the question because I've really disliked fragmentation
of talents versus having one large group with many diverse people and ideas
to scroll through and browse at your own leisure.  There are far too many
websites and mailing lists concerning PHP as it is, so if you could find one
similar to Evolt, I'd be very interested in lurking around for a while.

--
Regards,
Jackson Yee
jyee at vt.edu