[thelist] Recruiting Web Design Staff (UK)

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Thu Oct 17 08:09:00 CDT 2002

Richard Kingsley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I Have been looking for a creative web designer to compliment the
> (coldfusion) programming team and am having real trouble finding candidates
> I am finding lots of people with (ok)html skills that have no creative
> ability at all and lots of people with good print designskills but no web
> exposure. Are other people having same problems or am I looking in the wrong
> places. I am NOT using agencies due to cost constraints!
> Thanks for your help
>
> Richard Kingsley

Well, where are you looking?

Are you paying enough? If you're not, you won't get people with the skills
you want. evolt is a good place to look for people. Why not advertise the
job on the front page of evolt.org? What does your job description in the ad
say? Maybe it doesn't have the right key words that will attract the kind of
person you're looking for. Is it for web page design or GUI design? There
are a million questions I could ask -- but the best way to find out why
you're not finding the right people is to tell us what the job ad says and
where you're posting it.

I'm having the inverse problem to you. I can't find anyone who is looking
for a creative web designer that knows how to code HTML well. Maybe we
should have a chat. :o)

Regards,
Tara

--