[thelist] Recruiting Web Design Staff (UK)

Kimberly Carroll kimberly.carroll at art.com
Thu Oct 17 08:12:01 CDT 2002

[snip]I am finding lots of people with (ok)html skills that have no
creative ability at all and lots of people with good print designskills
but no web exposure. Are other people having same problems or am I
looking in the wrong places.
---
Richard,

Our locations may be different but our problem is the same.
I've been looking for talent for six months or more and have been going
through agencies in addition to my own searches.

opinion is that requirements for a solid designer are more involved than
ever before, and the talent pool simply has not caught up.
To make matters worse, the reality of the marketplace has not sunk in
and expectations on salaries vs skills remain unbalanced.
Anyone else care to weigh in on those two ideas?

Kimberly