[thelist] Images in liquid design

Gregory Wostrel gwostrel at mac.com
Thu Oct 17 08:45:01 CDT 2002

aardvark,

Great article on liquid design, I appreciate you adding the link.

I have a few questions:
In the body of the article you have the darker green areas with reverse
text in them for the figures that is clearly produced with CSS
(although I can't view the style sheet I can see that you have
"class="side" "). But how do the images hang so nicely out of the
"side" div? I read the explanation in the messages but I don't get the
"Because the image extends beyond the <p>, it extends beyond the color
block." comment. How does it extend beyond the <p> when it is clearly
inside <p></p>? I hope I am not being dense here.

Next, the page is not all that liquid. In NN7, IE for OSX and IE5 OS9
the page scales down to about 1024x768 and then only the header scales
below that. Why is that?

Finally, and this may reveal me to be unsophisticated, how do you do
the favicon.ico thing in the browser URL area? I downloaded it and can
see how it it linked an all, but how would I make one? .ico isn't a
file that Photoshop makes (is it?). I was only able to view it in
Preview (which is a real swiss army knife!) on OSX. I would love to
know how that is done.

Thanks,
Greg Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
Communications and the Art of Simplicity