[thelist] [Hosting] Looking for Co-hosting solution

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Thu Oct 17 08:56:01 CDT 2002

abhay,

> I want to co-host a server (maybe two... depending) and I can't seem
> to find a good company... primarily due to my lack of trust. The
> company I'm with is so asinine about giving support and rectifying
> issues, it isn't even pathetic anymore! :P
>
> Can you guys recommend somebody? Not out of the blue suggestions...
> tried and tested people you would go to... people you trust.
>
> TIA.
> [abhay]

do you mean a colocation deal? where you "bring your own server?"

i recently moved most of my sites onto a box colocated at a small, local
place. so far, i've been very happy. this place doesn't have a big fancy
website, with java chat applets and 800 numbers plastered all over the
place, but it does have a very knowledgeable, responsible individual taking
care the network.

so, i'd recommend trying to find a place near you. they ought to be able to
provide you with referals, and let you have physical access to your machine
(so you can sleep at night).

good luck,

nagrom