[thelist] left alignment in a table cell won't flush left

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Oct 19 22:30:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bird" <bird at koolfish.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 12:25 AM

> I seem to be having this problem regularly so I must be doing something
> wrong but can't figure it out at all.
>
> You can see what I mean at www.asiantennis.com
> Under headlines look at the Asian championships logo and then to its
> right is the caption Asian Championships Uzbekistan 2002 14th - 20th
> October 2002.
>
> Why does the text not go to the left edge of the cell?

Turn on the table's border (border="1") and you will see the reason.

You can avoid this by 1. Using multiple tables instead of one large table,
or 2) not putting the image and text in their own table cells.  Simply align
(float) the image left and let the text wrap around it... then force the
next paragraph to start below the picture by using <br clear="all" />

HTH,

-joshua