[thelist] MySQL export for non-technical client

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sun Oct 20 19:08:01 CDT 2002

> By default, MySQL permits client access from localhost
> only.  You need that changed - check out the parameters
> of the GRANT command as relate to IP addresses in the
> MySQL manual.

Thanks. Good pointers. After selecting the database, I issued the command

GRANT select ON [thedbname] TO [theusername]@[myIPaddress]

Here's what it gets me: ERROR 1142: grant command denied to user:

I assume the ISP has MySQL pretty much locked down. Does that look like an
administrative privilege thing, or like I'm not getting it right?

Thanks yet once more.

joel