[thelist] SQL: looking for resources, have one question

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Mon Oct 21 15:13:01 CDT 2002

> 2. are there any good recommendations for websites and/or books that
> should take a look at that explain in detail (and possibly with
> pictures [i'm a visual kind of guy]) what the hell is happening when
> it comes to JOINs? (or any other more advanced logic in SQL.)

I found Ben Forta's "Learn SQL in 10 Minutes" a really good resource
for beginners to SQL language in general. I too am ramping up to learn
SQL Server and after doing my own research I came up with a few more
books that you might find useful. They're on my Amazon wish list:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N2E815332

I compiled that list from recommendations off various lists, Amazon
user reviewers and looking at most of them at Borders. Haven't read
any of them myself.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s