[thelist] Beginner Debugging Question

Will S. Johnston wsj3 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 21 23:23:01 CDT 2002

Hello, I'm new to this list and CF development. I've been going through Ben Forta's new book CFMX Web Application Construction Kit and have come upon a piece of sample code which is giving me a dead link page when I try and open it.

I'm wondering what the best approach to debugging would be? I use the following URL to my local server to access the page http://localhost:8500/ows/10/details3.cfm?FilmID=2, but end up getting a 'http 500 internal server error'. Is there any sort of step function for debugging where you can step through your code as it executes and watch it incrementally?

Also, how does one comment out cold fusion tags? It seems that using comments to temporarily by-pass code does not always work.

If you have suggestions on debugging I would really apprecite it.

Thanks,
 Will Johnston