[thelist] RE: [the list] Acrobat Fill-In Form

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 15:51:01 CDT 2002

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot e-mail form data on a pdf
from Adobe Acrobat Reader, you must have the full version of Adobe
Acrobat or the Adobe Acrobat Approval product, or you have to submit
the form data to the web server and have a script/application catch
the data and generate an email/write to the database.  If the e-mail
does successfully go though, it will only submit a blank form to you,
without one of the products listed above or through extensive coding.
 Is anyone else well-versed in this, or did I misunderstand the
issue?
We had the same issue where I work and we first went with Gordon
Kent's product called pdfForMail, but finally purchased licenses for
Adobe Acrobat Approval (this was on our intranet).
Here are some of my links that explain this issue or have more
information:
http://www.pdfzone.com/news/100734.html
http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/acrosdk/docs.html
http://www.gordonkent.com/gordonkent/default.asp?i=1
http://forum.planetpdf.com/scripts/wbpx.dll/read?73484,2e#73484

Please feel free to comment or e-mail me offline for futher details -
I definitely want to help out someone else who has been through
this...

Janet Nabring-Stager

Message: 38
From: Valerie Worrell <VWorrell at sno-isle.org>

I have recently created a fill-in form using acrobat 5.0. The problem

is
that when anyone else beside myself hits the submit button it doesn't

work.
I want to form to email to my email address. Most get an error that
says
"program trying to access my contacts and the warning about a
possible
virus" others nothing happens.

I put in the JavaScript and so forth. My encryption level is low
enough. It
works beautifully when I hit the submit button myself.

What is going on?

Thanks
Valerie

=====