[thelist] Handling frames with Flash buttons

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Wed Oct 23 08:21:01 CDT 2002

Hello Experts,
Some days ago, I asked a question about loading a web page in bottom frame by
clicking a Flash button in top frame. I got only one response (it's not any
complain). I acted according to the response and assigned following ActionScript
to the Flash button:

<ActionScript>
on (release) {
    getURL ("KeyCodeDetector.html", parent.bottomFrame);
}
</ActionScript>

It loaded the web page in NEW window instead of bottom frame.
Dreamweaver has a built-in system of creating Flash buttons in web pages. I
created a Flash button with DW in top frame and chose the name of bottom frame
in Target field (in Flash Button dialogue box). This button loaded the page
neither in bottom frame nor in new window.
Now I have begun to think that may be Flash buttons just cannot handle frames.
Is my above assumption right or wrong?

Thank you!

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/