[thelist] Spambots IP restriction

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 17:13:01 CDT 2002

I now seems to have worked out what is different with this method, but still not
sure.  Presumably, only a spidert will try to get into the honey-pot dir.... but
surely their ip's are changing all the time!  What if your site is getting 400
Visits a day and your spider has used the ip address of an isp surely you end up
blocking many legitimate visitors?  Or have i read this completely the wrong
way?

Is there a way to do this without having to change the httpd.conf file restart
Apache?

My host provider is sooo lame :(

Andrew