[thelist] CFFILE exception handling

James Newbery jamesnewbery at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 06:58:01 CDT 2002

Listers,

I am setting up a document upload facility within an
content-management system. The upload itself is
working fine, but I am trying to get some
professional-looking exception handling.

I am limiting the mime-types allowed for upload. If a
user attempts to upload a different mime-type, an
error is correctly displayed. However, my generic
exception handler (below) is not being used by
Coldfusion. What am I missing here?

TIA,

Jim

The code:

<cftry>
	<cffile action="upload"
		filefield="upload_file"
		destination="D:\testfolder\"
		nameconflict="overwrite"

accept="application/msword,application/pdf,text/plain,image/jpeg,image/gif,text/html"
		attributes="archive">
	<cfcatch type="all">

<!--- exception code here, but is not being used by CF
--->

</cfcatch>
</cftry>

--------------- tip in advance!

<tip type="ColdFusion" author="James Newbery">

Getting a 'Permission Denied, Error 5' message when
using CFFILE in ColdFusion? Make sure your destination
attribute has a close forward slash, as below:

<cffile action="upload"
  filefield="upload_field"
  destination="c:\destination_folder\"
  nameconflict="overwrite"