[thelist] [Slightly OT] Can't view source in IE

John Corry webshot at members.evolt.org
Thu Oct 24 15:41:01 CDT 2002

> Up until yesterday, it has been happily using Notepad to view the source
> of pages, but now when I choose to do so, nothing happens, no errors,
> nothing.  I rebooted my machine, and it worked for a bit, but suddenly
> stopped again.

I went through this a few months back. There's an undocumented feature in IE
5.5+ that will cause an inability to view source when the 'temporary
internet files' fills up.

tools > internet options > delete files

Clears up this problem, at teh expense of dumping all cached pages/images.

John Corry
Neon Cowboy Design
http://www.neoncowboy.com
mail : john at neoncowboy.com