[thelist] RSS Newbie

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Fri Oct 25 14:56:01 CDT 2002

>The generation of the feed I understand.  My question is this:
>
>How do I display an RSS feed on my website.  It could a feed I created or
>someone else created.  This is the last piece in the puzzle that I can't
>seem to figure out.

Ah, I think I see what you are saying. Given any arbitrary RSS feed, you
want to be able to display the feed's contents on your site, right?

There's tons of different ways to do this. Search google for "Display RSS"
or similar and you'll find tons of ways. Here's a simple one:

	http://piefke.helma.at/rss/

I built an aggregator for our site in ASP that reads in an XML listing of
feeds (more than 150 of them) and dumps the feed contents into some SQL
Server tables, then lets the user browse the feeds (using the same XML file
listing the feeds to generate the navigation tree) and see the latest
headlines, and keeps the content for seven days before automatically
deleting the oldest parts.

I need to re-work it some, but hopefully someday I can release it to the
public... :)

-dave