[thelist] links in a sortable HTML table

Tim Shortt timshortt at comcast.net
Sat Oct 26 15:29:01 CDT 2002

I am trying to implement a client-side sortable table. I have managed to get number, character, and date content within a TBODY to sort properly when any type of content (text or image) in the column <TH> is clicked. However, if the content in the TBODY is a link [ <a href="#">content</a> ], I haven't found a way to sort this data using the content of the anchor. I would like the link content to sort by the value of the link, (e.g. the string "content" in the example above). Currently, the link fields sort by some other way that I haven't figured out.

See www.timshortt.org/table_sortable.html for source

TIA
Tim