[thelist] Cold Fusion: error message reported for a form's checkbox item - HTML4.01 Trans

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Tue Oct 29 02:26:01 CST 2002

A prospective buyer emailed a client of mine with the following error message:

"I tried to use your online form, but it kept returning the following error:

Error Diagnostic InformationAn error occurred while evaluating the expression: #NoWords#Error near line 48, column 6."

However, when I fill out the form online and submit it, I get no error message.

In the form, I have:
<input type="checkbox" name="NoWords" value="nowords">

In the Cold Fusion file I have:
NA: #NoWords#

In the form, should the value be value="ON"?

Can't see anything wrong in the Cold Fusion code.

Any ideas as to why the prospective client might be getting this error message on his machine?

Best,
Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com