[thelist] XHTML Transitional: wrap="virtual" not allowed

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Tue Oct 29 06:42:01 CST 2002

On Sunday, October 27, 2002 7:40 PM, Jeff wrote:

> mars & sharon,
>
> set overflow to auto (or scroll, but yuck) and you'll get what you need.  you may also need to explicitly set a height or width as well.

Jeff, can I do this inline as in <textarea name="message" rows="8" cols="30" id="message" style="overflow:auto"></textarea> (or would that mess up NN4.x)?

Or, would it be better to do this in my remote CSS file?

What would you suggest for height/width? Does that mean I need to remove rows="8" and cols="30" ?

Best,
Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com