[thelist] Cold Fusion: error message reported for a form's checkbox item - HTML4.01 Trans

Chris Montgomery monty at airtightweb.com
Tue Oct 29 11:47:01 CST 2002

Howdy Sharon,

Tuesday, October 29, 2002, 7:15:16 AM, Sharon F. Malone wrote:

> OK. Am using CF 5. So I tucked ParameterExists("NoWords") and
> ParameterExists("NoEngine") between the last <cfparam> tag and the opening
> <cfmail to> tag.

ParameterExists was deprecated starting with CF version 3. Don't use it.
As Max pointed out, you should use IsDefined() instead. A bit of history
from my CF 3.1 Language Reference manual:

"IsDefined is intended to replace the Cold Fusion (sic) 2.0 function
ParameterExists. IsDefined eliminates the need for cumbersome
expressions used to test for the existence of a variable:
  Evaluate("ParameterExists(#var_name#)")

IsDefined returns TRUE if the specified variable is found, FALSE if not
found."

So just tuck ParameterExists away and fageddaboudit.

Chris Montgomery        monty @ airtightweb.com

--
Airtight Web Services   http://www.airtightweb.com
Web Development, Web Project Management, Software Sales