[thelist] [slightly ot] online ticket selling

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Wed Oct 30 10:50:01 CST 2002

% -----Original Message-----
% From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
% [mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of kris burford
% Sent: 30 October 2002 16:08
% To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
% Subject: [thelist] [slightly ot] online ticket selling
%
% but their
% bank has told them that they're not allowed. the bank (lloyds) is claiming
% that because there is no actual goods or services being exchanged they
% can't do it as, for some reason, a ticket is a promise of a
% service at some
% later date...

The banks call this the selling of 'intangible' items;
subscriptions to web sites fall into the same category.

Look for a transaction provider that will permit the
sale of intangibles.  It might involve handling all your
own transactions through a service provider.

I can tell you that one of Worldpay's myriad services
will permit this.  For risk/reward reasons it's one of
the more expensive ones.

That said, I think Lloyd's are wrong here, if only because
the actual ticket itself is a tangible item... probably
several other banks would agree.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com