internal ip schemes (was RE: [thelist] IIS5: subdomains, how to configure)

Sean ethanol at
Thu Oct 31 20:16:01 CST 2002

Private IP ranges:
Class				From			To
Class “A” or 24 Bit
Class “B” or 20 Bit
Class “C” or 16 Bit

Sean G.

i couldn't think of any ip addresses the were open in the 10.0.0.x range
so instead i pulled a number out of my butt which happened to be to my suprise this worked out fine. so now i have a different
question. can i use any number from 0 to 255 in place of the x in
10.x.x.x ?

for example...

would 10.0->255.0->255.0->255 work just fine (except for
right?)? when would i need to change the subnet mask, if ever?

the Tip Harvester and archive of thelist go to: Workers of the Web, evolt !