[thelist] SSI and .shtml file : get rid of ads

Ethelist at aol.com Ethelist at aol.com
Sun Nov 3 11:04:01 CST 2002

Hi there, I have a friend who uses FRAME for his website.  He uses infoseek
free web service.  His service had changed their rules and now he sees their
advertisements in EVERY single frames.  He was informed that to get rid of
all that, he have to use SSI with .shtml extension.  I've been looking
around, but didn't find anything that helps me understand well enough to
answer my questions.

My questions are:
- If you use SSI, do you really need to have your file saved as .shtml?
- What kind of script he need to use in order to get rid of advertisement?
Or could you refer me to the website that talks about it?
- Would the free ISP support SSI?

I don't know if he'll listen to me, but I did advised him to stop using a
frame overall.  If any of you guys knew something about this, could you
advice me?  It would be really helpful for him and myself.

Thank you very much in advance,
inori