[thelist] ADMIN Note (was: FW: Please don't vote.)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 4 23:34:01 CST 2002

man, i leave for a few hours and look what happens...

just a few notes:

- don't post off-topic posts to thelist... posting a <tip> doesn't
make it on-topic, it just makes it even more noise...

- don't respond to off-topic posts, and if you do, i'll likely treat
you  similarly as i handle the original offender... a really good
<tip> may be your 'get outta jail free' card once, but i'm really a
rough grader when it comes to <tip>s...

- everyone who posted on this thread owes a <tip>... i've taken
names, and i'm telling santa if you don't...

- i set the original offender to hold posts as soon as i read a
notification from a list member (emailing thelist admin address
instead of thelist is more likely to get my attention, as i read
those before i read thelist...)... i'll undo that now as it seems he
heard the message already...

- i'll take this opportunity to remind everyone to TRIM their
posts... as much as you can, all the time... i've seen way too many
people lax on this lately, and it's upsetting our digest readers (and
me)... so trim...

now, just because i've been busier than a one-armed monkey in a
burning banana tree doesn't mean y'all can get out of hand on me...
there are other list admins, too, so don't just email me, email the
list admin address to get fast action (look in the message
headers)...

dig?

i see any more posts on this thread or the other, and i'm driving
down to take your steak and kick your car...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself