[thelist] Site theft

s t e f notabene at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 6 04:38:01 CST 2002

<who="Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)">
> I am trying to find the site that shows the original sites and the
> copies/theft.
> A friend of mine is dealing with site theft and would like to have an
> idea of how to deal with the thieves.
> I thought that it would be interesting to tell her to send the thief's
> site to be listed.
> Any more resources on how to deal with site theft?

Hi Faye,

It hasn't been said in this thread but whenever this topic pops out
somebody advocates first diplomacy and then 'warfare' ;-)

Lastly on thelist there was someone whose design was stolen. The owner of
the site themselves didn't know about the original site, having contracted
the design to another company.

A simple email from the offended person solved the problem. The guy put a
temporary page to say that the design he had bought was reportedly stolen
and that he was doing some research on that.

And of course I couldn't find the thread for the life of me in the
archives...

Yet I found this oh-so-nice copy of Madhu's email:
http://lists.evolt.org/contentarchive/2002-June/000191.html

s t e f