[thelist] disabled datasource - CF

matt g mrg at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 6 11:56:02 CST 2002

Hello List,
Please be gentle with me. I had knee surgery yesterday, and today one of my
client's sites is on fire. My brain is not working its best.

I'm suddenly having database access problems on a site that's been running
fine forever. I made some changes the other day, and had to re-upload the
database (Access). Before uploading, I ran a die script to eliminate the
.ldb file.

<cfset rc=cfusion_disable_dbconnections("bareps","1")>
<cfset rc=cfusion_disable_dbconnections("bareps","0")>

I uploaded, tested, and things were fine. Today, all we get is this error:
    Error Diagnostic Information

    ODBC Error Code = ()

    Connections to the BAREPS datasource have been disabled by the
administrator.

I ran the die script again to make sure that the connection was turned on.
The host's admin can confirm the datasource in CF, but all of my pages still
get the error. I've re-uploaded the database, and still, the error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt G.