[thelist] Form sniffing within tables nested within divs

Chris Marsh chris at webbtech.co.uk
Wed Nov 6 14:05:02 CST 2002

Rogb

> With something this complicated, all I can suggest is a
> naming convention. ex. "tb1_d1_stb2_d2_empty_empty_empty" You
> have the advantage of being able to create these tables/divs
> dynamically, therefore, you (may) also know the worst case
> scenario. From there, its just a matter of sorting through
> the rubble and extract your information. By sorting, I mean
> using string functions like split, character detection, etc.

If I can track down all of the areas in which these forms are being
generated then I guess it would be even simpler that that:

"chrisForm_whatever01"

Then I can simply check if the form name contains the substring
"chrisForm". I guess this is the approach I'll take, although the
problem with this is tracking down exactly where all of these forms are
generated. There are 118 .asp include files that generate these forms...

*groan*

Regards

Chris Marsh