[thelist] CSS and expressions

Edward Fingland efinglan at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 00:03:01 CST 2002

Hello Evolters,

I've got a rather strange CSS/scripting problem. I would like to have the
height of an element based on an attribute of another element. currently I
am doing this:
height:expression(document.body.clientHeight-159);
Where 159 is the total height of the other page elements. This is not really
the way I would prefer to have it. I know this is wrong but is there some
way of doing something like this:
height:expression(document.all.getElementByID('elementname').style.height)
or maybe
height:document.all.item("elementname").style.height;
????
If someone could make some suggestions or point me in the right direction I
would really appreciate it.
As a side note what is the general stance on expressions in CSS? How poor is
the implementation?

Edward