[thelist] Status bar of Opera 6

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Nov 7 01:20:01 CST 2002

Hello Experts,
Many experts here have stated in their different posts that changing the text of
status bar for links with JS is not a good choice. The user would like to know
about his destination through status bar before clicking the link, as the URL is
shown as the text of status bar. I agree!
Most modern browsers support "title" attribute of <a href="some url"> tag and
produce a tool tip for the link as a description of the link.
But in Opera 6, I have noticed that "title" attribute changes the status bar
text for the link. In the status bar, instead of URL, the value of "title"
attribute appears. It is same as onMouseOver="status='Some Text'" for the link.
Is there any way to disable this feature of Opera 6?

Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/