[thelist] Using css to position an image within a table cell

Kevyn Jacobs kevyn at juneauempire.com
Thu Nov 7 23:55:01 CST 2002

I am in the process of learning to design using css, and although I'm not
quite ready to give up using tables for layout yet, I am moving in that
direction.

In any case, in a site I am currently building (using tables for layout) I
was wanting to see if I could use css to control the position of an
image/link within a table cell.

The page is at:
http://foggymountainshop.com/
(I have turned on the table border to make it easier to see what I am doing)

In the second column, bottom row, I have an image called "The Hot Sheet." I
want it to be centered and aligned to the bottom of the table cell.

I used ALIGN="CENTER" and VALIGN="BOTTOM" in my <TD> order to position my
image where I want it, but I am experimenting to see if I could achieve the
same results using css.

Is there a way, using css, to achieve the same effect?

--
Kevyn Jacobs
New Media Director, JuneauEmpire.com