[thelist] who has Javascript turned off?

Saila, Craig Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com
Fri Nov 8 12:30:03 CST 2002

> Does anyone know of actual numbers out there, along the lines
> of browser/plug-in stats, on how many users have their
> Javascript turned off? It seems like a surprisingly high

TheCounter (trust it as you may) has consistently reported about 10-12%
of its audience did not have JavaScript enabled:
<http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2002/October/javas.php>

My own site (which in one edition uses the W3C DOM quite extensively),
attracts Web designers who tend to be using the latest browsers. Only 3%
don't have JavaScript enabled.

I myself only turn it off when testing. Those that normally have it off
may just be more vocal about it and/or making a point you shouldn't rely
on JavaScript for essential functionality.

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila