[thelist] Javascript back button in a popup

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Sat Nov 9 01:06:01 CST 2002

Take a stand!

This pop up business for T&C's is ridiculous. No legitimate business
needs to resort to such tactics, and no illegitimate business is going
to be able to stand behind a pop up in court.

I'm using IE5.2 on Mac OS X, and I can go to the site, move the pop-up
to the background without pressing Accept or Decline, and have full
access to the site.

Yes, the client "wants it". As designers/developers, it is part of our
job to educate our clients to what the current state of the web is. You
are spending a lot of time/money (their point of view) trying to solve
a problem that....isn't a problem.

The T&C's are at the bottom of every page. Not visible enough? Perhaps
a short blurb and full link to T&C's in the left menu.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com

P.S. Browsing to other pages on the site, then clicking on "Decline" in
the pop-up, made the pop-up window go berserk (seemed to be continually
trying to load a different page), then crashed my browser.