[thelist] js - close and redirect

Le Sauvage sauvage at ureach.com
Sat Nov 9 02:17:00 CST 2002

hello, you experts :-)

i'm js-challenegd and need your help, please.

here's the deal -
i have a page (not the first page) open in fullscreen. on the page there is a
button, say, CLOSE.
if you click (onClick) on the button, the window "closes" to normal window and
then onRelease (or something) you are taken to another page (i'd like it to be
either a blank page or the home page (but in "mornal" window of course).

as you all know, of course, to close it we have, for e.g., <a
href="JavaScript:window.close(self)>CLOSE</a>

to redirect the viewer to either the home page or a blank page, the code would
be onClick="parent.location='about:home/blank'"

is this possible? if it is, please tell me how to acheive the desired result.

many thanks

sauvage