[thelist] what are they running on?

Lonnie.Kraemer lwkraemer at directvinternet.com
Sun Nov 10 11:36:01 CST 2002

> I've looked and thought and can't find where this was already answered
> eleven times: what's the site where you can enter a URL and get info
on the
> server they're running on?

That would be netcraft.com

Here's handy bookmarklet:
[wrap alert]
javascript:var nc = 'http:\/\/www.netcraft.com/whats/?host='; var dm =
null;var cd = confirm('Press OK to check this server. Press Cancel to
enter your own.'); if(!cd) dm = prompt('Enter the domain name of the
server you wish to check',top.location.host); nc = (!cd) ? nc + dm : nc
+ top.location.host; if(cd || dm != null)
window.open(nc,'netcraft','resizable,scrollbars,status,height=350,width=
520'); void(0)

--
Lonnie Kraemer