[thelist] validating forms to html 4.01 strict

r937 at interlog.com r937 at interlog.com
Tue Nov 12 14:53:00 CST 2002

>> The rules say that a <form> element can only directly contain
>> elements that are designated as BLOCK (or scripts).
>
> What a completely ridiculous rule. Sorry for the OT post,
> but I really had to say this.

OT?  ppk, you have got to be kidding

expressing an opinion about a w3 standard, particularly one that trips up so many people
("why won't
my INPUT tag validate strict?") is hardly OT

> In fact, in a recent interview I talked about this issue at endless length.
> See http://netdiver.net/interviews/peterpaulkoch.php if you're interested.

thanks for posting that link

folks, check it out -- it's a great read

ppk, if you hadn't posted it, i would have

you are in some pretty select company there -- congrats

<tip type="javascript">
don't do this:
   <input type="button" name="Showme" value="Show me"
      onclick="Showme()" />
took me ages to figure out why my function was throwing an error
</tip>

rudy
http://rudy.ca/

p.s. apologies if this post is incorrectly timestamped --
what can i do, my host is clueless