[thelist] re: mySQL gui

John Corry webshot at members.evolt.org
Tue Nov 12 18:54:32 CST 2002

> > "I recommened MySQL-FRONT as well. If not try MYCC. PHPMYADMIN should
> > be your very last choice for a local interface since it is HTML based
> > and you have to access it in a web browser. This is very very slow
> > and tedious even if on the local host."

Havent' read the whole thread, unsure of exact context here...
I have both MySQL - Front and phpMyAdmin running on my dev workstation. The
current release of phpMyAdmin is so good, I use it exclusively. I think it's
better than MySQL - Front.

Yes, it runs in the browser. But if you're messing with MySQL, chances are
you're running a webserver on your machine anyway (or at least have access
to a server)

John