[thelist] automatic code updates with PHP

Steve Lewis slewis at macrovista.net
Tue Nov 12 18:55:45 CST 2002

Peter VanDijck wrote:

> upgrades and bug fixes all the time. I would live my Moveabletype
> installation to just upgrade itself with all these little upgrades - I
> don't have time for it. Make sense?

The other thing that I must mention is that this paradigm lends itself
most naturally to an Application Service Provider (ASP) model... ie you
host them on your servers so you have this level of control.  In
addition you charge them periodically for hosting & service, and your
clients have what resembles a lease on your software.

I presume, however, that you do not want to go there.  It does however
beg to be mentioned.

--Steve