[thelist] [CODE] bloated image src names

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Nov 13 04:03:00 CST 2002

I just noticed Rudy's comment about database tables and couldn't help
laughing! We *do* name our database tables in that way, but mainly because
we also use views (getProductOrders) and stored procedures
(spInsertProducts). Also tbl refers to a "general" database table,
dataProdNames for instance refers to some static data which is most often
used to set "labels" on database columns which we store as integers. There's
also relProductOrder which denotes a relation table and tempMailData which
is used as a temporary holding place for data during certain operations.

On top of that we also have several different client database structures
within the same database account (clnt1TblOrders, clnt2TblOrders etc). (I
would separate these out into their own databases, but that would be
expensive as we are on shared hosting and  each would require its own
database account.)

As our database has just under 100 tables, it definitely helps us keep tabs
on what is going on!

Just goes to show that there's always someone who will have a good reason
for doing things a different way ;-)

.steve

 Cookstour - http://www.cookstour.org

</SNIP>