[thelist] Re: CSS divs - how to make hyperlinks work?

Le Sauvage sauvage at ureach.com
Wed Nov 13 09:06:01 CST 2002

hi, david

thanks for your input :-)

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, David Dorward (evolt at david.us-lot.org) wrote:

> I haven't done extensive testing (a URL would have been helpful) but
> I suspect it is because you have set the z-index to a negative number.
>
> If the user tries to click on a link, the click event is captured by the
> within the <body> as far as the browser is concerned as you have used
> absolute positioning, which removed it from the document flow).
>
> I suggest using only positive values for z-indexes.

i haven't provided a url as (1) i have excluded the hyperlinks until i find a
solution, (2) the source is encrypted, and (3) the file may be too large to
post on the list and i don't relish being screwed again for contravening the
rules.

thank you very much for your suggestions :-) i appreciate that.

kris