[thelist] [CODE] bloated image src names

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Nov 13 13:38:01 CST 2002

Chris,

> several examples, yes. but good enough ones to beat out the folder view?
> no. you're point of just having "several examples to the contrary"
> doesn't carry any more weight than exactly having "several examples to
> the contrary". they may be examples, but does that mean they are good
> enough? no. so if you're going to turn this into a personal preference
> issue there is absolutely no reason to debate at all and there shouldn't
> have been a debate in the first place.

I thought it was a discussion, as in exploration of ideas, rather
than a debate, where there's a single "winner" -- my bad :-)

> bringing this down to a matter of "personal preference" seems wrong.

I've organized by directory and organized by name, and each has
advantages, and which I choose for any given situation is as much
a matter of personal preference as my choice of editor or OS, and
if presenting "logical proof" of which of those is best is next on
the agenda, well, I'll be other ->there-> getting a cup of coffee
while I watch :-)

> but if you really feel we should stop this conversation/debate

I don't -- but I don't believe there's a "right" answer that applies
to everyone, nor I do I believe invoking the Spirit of Four Decades
Of Computer Science will yield one ...

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.