[thelist] XHTML and Netscape 6

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Nov 13 13:41:02 CST 2002

along with what rob mentioned, are you also validating your page through
the w3c? if not, you should. what the validator does is point out all
the mistakes according to the doctype you've chosen. maybe getting the
page to validate will narrow it down, or fix the problem?

here is what the validator said to me about your page.

"Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on lines 102, 112,
113, 114, 115, 116 it contained some byte(s) that I cannot interpret as
utf-8. Please check both the content of the file and the character
encoding indication."

and here is a handy bookmarklet you can use to easily validate your
pages. drag the link below into your link's bar in ie and click the new
button when you are at a page you want to validate. (i don't know how to
use this in anything other than ie.)

javascript:void(location='http://validator.w3.org/check?uri='+escape(loc
ation))

hope that helps.