[thelist] Convert Word Doc to HTML

Scarlett Julian (ED) Julian.Scarlett at sheffield.gov.uk
Thu Nov 14 03:58:01 CST 2002

I save doc as html and then run it through MS Office HTML filter 2.0 and
then through TidyGUI (Gui versin of Dave Raggets Tidyhtml prog) This strips
out most of the bloatcode but you'll still have to go through and manually
strip out all the inline styling and reapply you own (external css). This is
the only way to get clean code that I have found. If you're more bothered
about formatting preservation then you may be able to get away less harsh
application of both HTMLFilter and/or TidyGUI.

If you have Dreamweaver there is an mxp that strips out Word crap too and
that does a fair job.

that's what I do but I'm going to keep a close eye on other responses
because I have to do too much of this :-(

J.