[thelist] sql, adding a field problem in phpMyAdmin

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 13:37:01 CST 2002

Hi,

I'm simply trying to add a field to my table in phpMyAdmin. I click
on "add new field" at "end of table". All I am doing is speccing the
name of the field as "menuItem" setting the null field to null (tried
not null, still errors) and leaving the selection to the right as
---. I keep getting this error:

Error
SQL-query :

ALTER TABLE `menuitem` ADD `menuItem` VARCHAR NOT NULL

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'NOT NULL' at line 1

This seems to be an awfully simple entry, what am I doing wrong? Am I
leaving out something?

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();