[thelist] Generating static Pages

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 09:04:01 CST 2002

> The Why is he has been reading about search Engine's !!! The
> site is not
> mine but one he already has.  A more flippant why is he's a
> prospective
> client and hopefully would pay me to do it if it's feasible...
>
> So I guess he wants to try and increase his search engine
> rating, he has
> already asked some strange questions about cc details etc.

here's some theory articles on doing it with Apache Caching and PHP:

http://www.evolt.org/search/index.html?keywords=search+engine+friendly

Not sure how you'd apply that to ASP though, I'll back quietly away at
this point....

but not before offering this that I found on Google:

http://www.xde.net/product_xqasp.htm

"XQASP is available as a high performance NT IIS 3.0+ C++ or Unix Java
filter primarily intended for database driven catalog type web sites
seeking to increase exposure by allowing spidering search engines such
as AltaVista, Google, Hotbot, InfoSeek, Lycos, Northern Light and Web
Crawler to index the values behind a querystring. e.g.
somepage.asp?indexthis=123 "

HTH

Tony