[thelist] [ASP] newbie resources

Wade Armstrong wade_lists at runstrong.com
Fri Nov 15 11:59:01 CST 2002

on 11/15/02 7:34 AM, Benjer at futureweb at macmail.com wrote:

> this is someone in our office idea... I was unsure about opening and closing
> the ASP tags - does this mean more visits to server/slower etc.

Switching between ASP and HTML code, known as context switching, was dog
slow in IIS 4/ASP 2.0. In IIS5/ASP 3.0, it's just as fast as using
Response.Write, so use whichever one makes your code more readable and
maintainable.

Just out of interest, if I were learning ASP now, I'd learn ASP.NET, not
classic ASP. Why did you chose classic ASP? Is it to be able to work on
stuff you've already produced in your office?

Wade