[thelist] DAO with ASP

Wade Armstrong wade_lists at runstrong.com
Fri Nov 15 12:02:00 CST 2002

on 11/15/02 7:40 AM, jerryscannell at cox.net at jerryscannell at cox.net wrote:

> I am using an excel interface to create and either display or print
> spreadsheets.  This process has worked flawlessly under PWS but doesn't work
> very good at all under IIS.

I'm not clear from your e-mail if your problem is that the creation of Excel
spreadsheets works poorly, in some way (for instance, slowly, or
incorrectly), or if the problem is that it doesn't work at all.

But, at a guess, it's not working at all. I'd be surprised if that had
anything to do with DAO, a deprecated MS database interface library; I bet
it has something to do with Office Automation. In specific, I bet it has
something to do with Office Automation requiring that Office is installed on
the server. Have you installed the full version of Office on your server?
The whole thing? Not just Excel?

Wade