[thelist] [XSL] New Line

S.tygian B.lacksmith S.tudios studio at zero.zero.xs2.net
Fri Nov 15 12:08:01 CST 2002

> I want each transformation within the recursion to appear on one line,
but with a line break in between.

Take this with a grain of salt. :)

I haven't tried it myself, but I think that the standard way to do this
would be to set the appropriate element name tokens for the xsl:preserve-
space element. I'm under the impression that even if you added line
breaks manually using entity references they'd be stripped during the
default processing unless you used this.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#strip for the spec.

Beyond that... I think it's probably implementation-dependent. (I think
that there are some Perl modules that are designed with this purpose in
mind. But I can't think of them offhand.)

HTH,
S. G.