[thelist] Re: [CODE] XHTML and Javascript

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:25:01 CST 2002

> >> How can I insert Javascript events in elements (like onSubmit in a form
>element) in an XTHML file without making it invalid (at least in the W3
>validator)? How are we suppose to deal with those events in XHTML?
> >
> > Use alllowercase: onsubmit
> >

>I understand that all XHTML parameter must be lowercase to be valid, but
>isn't JavaScript case sensitive?

Yes, but the 'onsubmit' property is HTML, not JavaScript, so they are case
insensitive (though if you use an XHTML flavour, they must be lower case).

>I tested it in Mozilla 1.1 and it work properly but will it break in other
>browsers?

No.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Interview by Carole Guevin:
http://netdiver.net/interviews/peterpaulkoch.php