[thelist] Re: gecko and CSS content-type (was: <base> and DOCTYPE)

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Sat Nov 16 15:17:00 CST 2002

At 14:33 2002-11-16 +0300, Ashok Hariharan wrote:
> ><http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/incorrect-mime-types/>
>Maybe i am a bit confused but, according to the article it seems that the
>transitional dtd is also considered a strict dtd ?

No. It's a confusion in the naming of the rendering modes. You have
transitional, strict and frameset dtds, but you have quirks and strict
rendering mode. What is called standards mode is (or at least was, when it
was introduced) really named strict mode. So, no it doesn't consider
transitional to be strict. It just considers that dtd to fall under a
rendering mode more compliant to the standard.

Now, more recently, we have an almost-standard mode to take into account too...

Read more on <http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/quirks/doctypes.html>

// Liorean